Mobirise Website Creator

Before you go into DMV to take your written test, practice taking these sample tests. And keep these in mind when you are taking an actual test:

· Review the California Driver Handbook. All the questions come from the handbook. It contains a lot of information and it may take you a few days to get through it. 

· Read the test questions carefully. There will be one correct answer and the other two answer choices will be either obviously wrong or not appropriate for the question asked.

· For minors, at least 38 questions right out of 46 is needed to pass.

(You must wait 7 days to retake the test.)

· For adults, at least 30 questions right out of 36 is needed to pass.

(No waiting is needed to retake the test.)

· For renewal, at least 15 questions right out of 18 is needed to pass.

·  You have 3 chances to pass.

· Appointment is required to take the written test. 

Make appointment online Here or Call 1-800-777-0133.

· Don't be nervous. We know you will pass your test. Good Luck!



· Complete DMV application (DL 44) 

· Verify your birth date and legal presence

· Proof of California Residency

· Provide your true full name

· Provide social security number. 

· Pay the application fee of $35

· Give a Thumb Print

· Pass a vision exam

· Have your picture taken

· Pass a traffic laws and sign test.


· Be at least 15 ½ years old

· Obtain both parents or guardian signatures on the application form

· Have Driver's Education Completion Certificate

Proof of California Residency

Two (2) acceptable documents are required. All residency documents must list the applicant’s first and last name, and the California residence address must match the residence address listed on the driver license application, with the exception of the last three (3) items.

· Rental or lease agreement with the signature of the owner/landlord and the tenant/resident.

· Deed or title to residential real property.

· Mortgage bill.

· Home utility bills (including cellular phone).

· School documents including any document issued by a public or private primary, or secondary, or post-secondary institution, college, or university that either includes the applicant's date of birth, or if a foreign school document, is sealed by the school and includes a photograph of the applicant at the age the record was issued.

· Medical documents.

· Employment documents.

· Faith based documents that include the name and address of the issuing organization.

· Insurance documents, including medical, dental, vision, life, home, rental, and vehicle.

· Internal Revenue Service or California Franchise Tax Board tax return.

· California Certificate of Title or Registration Card for a vehicle or Certificate of Ownership or Certificate of Number for a vessel.

· Change of Address Confirmation by the U.S. Postal Service (Form CNL 107).

· Documents issued by a U.S. government agency.

· Property tax bill or statement.

· Records from a financial institution.

· Voter registration confirmation letter or postcard issued by the California Secretary of State or a local California county elections officer.

· Proof of payment of resident tuition at a public institution of higher education located in California.

· An original copy of an approved Claim For Homeowners’ Property Tax Exemption (BOE-266) form filed with a local California County Assessor.

· Court documents that list the applicant as a resident of California.

· A letter on letterhead from a homeless shelter, shelter for abused women, nonprofit entity, faith based organization, employer, or government agency within the U.S. attesting that the applicant resides in California.

· A parent, legal guardian, or child may use a birth certificate and a spouse or domestic partner may use a marriage license or domestic partner registration certificate to trace his or her relationship to the individual to whom the two acceptable resident documents have been addressed.