THE ROAD TEST
Once you have completed drivers education course, obtained your learners permit and have taken 6 hours of behind the wheel training you will be well prepared to pass your California drivers road test.
Many students fear the actual road test. With all the excitement of possibly getting your license also comes the possibility of failing and having to tell your friends and family you flunked.
Take the drivers road test with us and we'll make this last part of your drivers learning experience a positive one. We will pick you up, drive you to your appointment and you will take the test with us.
Yes, the same cool and calm instructor that has taught you how to drive will be there with you to steer you through the final road test.
If you fail your driving test, you must wait 2 weeks before you can take the test again. There is $7 retest fee. You have 3 chances to pass.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR THE ROAD TEST
· Be at least 16 years old
· Have held an Instruction Permit for at least 6 months from issued date shown on permit
· Have completed and provide a Certificate for :
- Drivers Education
- Drivers Training (Behind the Wheel)
· Parents AND Licensed Driving Instructor's signature on Permit
· Must be accompanied by a California Licensed Driver 25 years or older
· Registration Card for the Vehicle used for testing
· Proof of Insurance for the Vehicle used for testing
AFTER YOU PASS THE ROAD TEST
After you pass your driving test you will be issued an interim license valid for 90 days until you receive your new photo license in the mail. Check your address before you leave DMV and tell the DMV representative if you have moved or if your address is incorrect. If you have not received your license after 60 days, call 1-800-777-0133 to check on the status.
PROVISIONAL DRIVER LICENSE RESTRICTIONS
There is Provisional Driving Restrictions on your drivers license during the first year. Those restrictions are that you must be accompanied and supervised by a licensed parent, guardian or other licensed driver 25 years old or older or a licensed or certified driving instructor when you:
· Transport passengers under 20 years of age at any time,
for the first twelve months.
· Drive between 11 pm and 5 am for the first twelve months.
When you turn 18 years of age, the provisional part of your license ends. You may continue to drive as an adult using your photo license, which will expire on your 5th birthday after the date you applied.